I haven't posted in a while, but I have had good reason. Both boys have been really sick for quite some time. On Monday, August 29, A.J. started having some coughing. We didn't think much of it, as we just figured he was catching the beginnings of a cold. On Wednesday, he came home from school and was running a fever (and still coughing a ton). The fever was only in the evening, so we sent him to school the next day. Thursday came and again Thursday night, he was running a fever. Although he was fever-free the next morning, I kept him home from school anyway. He started running a fever in the early morning. I looked in his throat and his tonsils were super swollen and his throat was red. Then Isaac started running a fever and coughing. I figured since this was day 3 with a fever for A.J., I better take him to the doctor. We went to the Pediatric Urgent Care. They took a throat culture of A.J., but it came back negative for strep. Then the doctor listened to his lungs and he was wheezing. She took a chest x-ray, and sure enough, he had pneumonia. Since we were already at the doctor, I had her check Isaac out as well. She listened to his lungs, got a chest x-ray of him, and sure enough, he had pnuemonia too. So we got our scripts for antibiotics and off we went. Both boys still sounded horrible all weekend long, coughing and hacking and still running fevers. So on Tuesday (Monday was Labor Day), we went back to the doctor. A.J. was still wheezing and now had an ear infection to boot. They both still had pneumonia and the first antibiotic was not working, so we got a new antibiotic and nebulizer treatments for both boys. They started to look and feel better by Wednesday, but they were still running fevers, so A.J. had to stay home from school. On Thursday morning, A.J. puked all over the bathroom floor, but after that, he seemed fine, other than a fever (poor thing...he ran a fever for a total of 9 days)!!! Then the diarrhea hit both boys. A.J. was so embarrassed because he kept having wet toots...I told him it was because of the antibiotics and I think he felt a little better. On Friday, we decided we would send A.J. to school. He was all dressed and ready to go when he puked all over the floor again :-( He bawled when we told him he had to stay home again, but that gave him the weekend to recover. I think the boys are all better now...they just took their last dose of antibiotics tonight...hopefully, they will stay healthy for a long time!
Poor Isaac fell asleep at Wal-mart while waiting for our prescription to be filled
He fell asleep again on the way home from Wal-martBelow: Isaac getting one of his breathing treatments




No comments:
Post a Comment