This past weekend, we took A.J. to Amazing
Jake's. It is kind of like a Chuck E. Cheese, but the food is better (they have a buffet), and there are more games and rides. It seems to be geared a little more towards older kids, with laser tag, bowling, a race track, etc., etc., but A.J. still seemed to have a good time. They do have some kiddie-sized games, and A.J. took full advantage of them. His favorite was the Dance Revolution machine...he liked to shake his booty! We have also been taking advantage of the warm weather and are getting a lot of use out of the pool. It seems really strange to go for a swim when it is 105 out and then shiver when you get out of the pool! We have to stand in the sun just to warm up! Andy got A.J. a motorized bumper boat. Needless to say, he loves it!!! We have to be careful, though, as the waves tend to rock the boat and almost put A.J. to sleep! As for other updates, Andy mowed our lawn for the first time since we have been here (the backyard has been tore up, with pool construction and all). The grass is now finally starting to grow, so I decided to time how long it would take to mow...3 minutes! We just laughed (most of our yard is rock). As for baby news, I went to the doctor last week for a check-up. At 15 weeks, the heartbeat was 159, and I had gained 2.5 pounds. I stepped on the scales today at a little over 16 weeks and about started to cry...I was up another 3 pounds! Here we go...working our way to a 20-pound baby!!! I've been
sporadically feeling the baby kick for about a week now, but today, it is going crazy, kicking up a storm! We still have not decided if we are going to find out the sex of the baby. We didn't with the first, but I have a closet full of boy's clothes that I would like to go through. If we do find out, we will probably try to keep it a secret :)

Of course, the yellow construction truck was the first thing that caught A.J.'s attention!

A.J. "driving" the car...he kept stepping on the handle that moves the seat forward and back, thinking it was the gas pedal!
Cutting a rug
Kiddie ski-ball
Kiddie hoops

Driving the bumper boat
No comments:
Post a Comment