Okay, so anyone who knows our family realizes that none of us are particularly coordinated...in fact, most would say we are downright clumsy. This weekend proved to be no exception. Friday started off okay, so A.J. and I decided to go to the store. As we were walking around, I started having contractions (which I have been having on and off for a couple of weeks now). So we decided to go home and lay on the couch for the rest of the day. That night, we went to a going-away party for one of Andy's co-workers. When we got home, I rammed my foot into the doorway. I could hear my little toe pop and crack, but it didn't really hurt too bad (at the time). My feet are already huge and swollen, so I couldn't tell if it was swelling up on me or not. By this morning, I couldn't bend it and it hurt to walk on. So now, besides the waddling that comes with pregnancy and the fact that my hips and tailbone feel like they can give out at any moment, I have a slight limp from the toe pain. We decided to go to Bounce U anyway, because A.J. has been begging Andy to bounce with him. A.J. decided to try out the boxing ring. There was also another kid in the ring, and neither boy could really even pick up the boxing gloves because they were too heavy. The other boy did get his up in the air, but it immediately came down...right on A.J.'s eye! It's not black and blue yet, but it does have a red mark on it still (we were impressed that he didn't cry)! Then, he was chasing a girl through the obstacle course, and bounced right off the end, smacking his head on the hard floor. We could tell it hurt because he had one of those delayed cries...the ones where his face looks like it is crying, but no sound is coming out...then the big gasp of air comes and he starts wailing! He calmed down after a few minutes, and he and Andy started jumping again. Andy said he felt a twinge in his ankle, but it didn't really hurt...at the time. So they bounced some more and we headed for home. We went out for dinner that night, and by the time we got home, Andy could hardly walk. His ankle is black and blue and he's been icing it down. So now we have a limper, a limper/waddler, and a shiner/bump on the head...could anything else go wrong??? Of course! It was only 6:30...the night was still young! As Andy was icing down his ankle, A.J. wanted to go upstairs and put on his pj's, so up we went. He was having some trouble taking off his jeans, and lost his balance while standing on the bed...he ended up falling off right in between his nightstand and bed (he folded up just like an accordion). Again, the delayed cry set in. He started wailing, I picked him up, Andy hopped up the stairs on one foot, and we assessed the damage. He's got scrapes up and down his back, and a nasty bruise right above his knee. Poor kid! Tomorrow, I think we'll all just stay in bed all day! Anyway, I think we are going to survive. The boys did have fun bouncing, and here are some pics of their day.
In the ring with the boxing gloves
A.J.'s favorite...going down the big slide!

Where was this protective helmet a minute ago???





2 comments:
Geez...what a rough day
i hate to say this, but you guys sound more accident prone then me last weekend and as you know that is quite an accomplishment!!! no worries, i will soon have a dea # and will be able to fix up all my friends and family. hope you all had a nice weekend in your jammies!
Post a Comment