4 years ago
Monday, April 19, 2010
Updates
So, we've been having another one of those weeks (months, years) On Monday, Isaac woke up in a pile of puke. He had some breakfast and threw that up, but then seemed fine. Guess who got the stomach flu on Tuesday??? Yep, yours truly! I was literally up every 20 minutes through the night retching. Of course, Andy was on a business trip, so I still had to get up and take care of the kids...luckily, A.J. can be a great kid at times and helped take care of me and Isaac. After 24-hours, I was good as new. I've also been battling seasonal allergies. I've never had them as bad as I do this year. Some days I would like to gouge out my eyeball because they itch so bad! Andy thinks I'm hot when my eyes are practically swollen shut and watering so bad, it looks like I'm crying. My eyes itch, my lips itch, the inside of my throat even itches! I've been trying several different remedies...hopefully, something will help soon. And then there's Isaac. I just don't know what to do with this kid :-( He has been having chronic diarrhea since he turned one when we put him on whole milk and solid foods. We've been to the doctor countless times, had allergy tests, and still don't really know what is going on. This past week, he has had a rash on his genitalia and, well, let's just say things are really red and irritated down under. So today, off to the doctor's office we went (again). They first weighed him, and he had not gained any weight since his 15-month check up (and has only gained 2 pounds in the last 9 months). Then they looked at his junk. The poor kid had to be catheterized (if you heard any screaming this morning around 11:15, that was him). Luckily, he does not have a UTI, and we got some cream for his junk. The doctor wants us to put him back on regular milk and a high-fat diet. She said sometimes this will help with diarrhea. So we'll try this for a month, and see how things are at his 18-month well-check. I'll try anything at this point...I'm sick of cleaning up runny poo!!! If this doesn't work, we will have to see a GI doctor. Wish us luck! Here are some pics of the kids playing in the sprinklers last weekend (yep, we are SO white trash...A.J. is in his underwear and Isaac's in his diaper...that is usually how you'll find the kids)!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh Hollie, what a crazy week for you, I'm so sorry to hear all you're dealing with right now. poor Isaac :( Call me if you need any help, please!! I hope the milk and high fat will help the little guy. And bummer about the allergies, mine are crazy right now too, so much that I can't breath well and have to take big gasping breaths every once in a while b/c i'm not getting enough oxygen through my nose..well it's that or i'm incredibly out of shape, i guess both are possible. i'm praying for you and your family that you will be able to figure out isaac's situation, relief of allergies and peace and rest for you :)
Post a Comment