Background

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fire Station

Today, A.J. and I toured the Gilbert Fire Station with the MOMS Club. Of course, A.J. LOVED it, as he is obsessed with fire trucks! We got to tour the entire facility, which included seeing the huge kitchen, work-out facilities, multiple bedrooms, a fire pole as well as a slide, and then ended up playing on the fire trucks. As much as A.J. liked the trucks, he was just as interested with the tools and tires on the trucks...he's all boy! Just a funny story as a sidenote...after we toured the fire station, we had to go to Wal-Mart. Of course, A.J. had to wear his fire hat into the store. As we were walking up to go into the store, the wind caught his hat. We quickly retrieved it and put it back on...then went to mail a couple of bills before going inside. A.J. started bawling as I was mailing the letters, and I couldn't quite make out what he was saying...it sounded like he was still upset about his hat. I told him that his hat was on his head, but he kept crying. I didn't know if he didn't want me to mail the letters or what. I guess I should have been paying better attention to him, as his shorts had fallen and were down around his ankles! Poor boy...he has no butt and no hips and just can't keep those 24-month shorts around his waist!!! In the meantime, he is mastering the art of the terrible two's...yesterday, he about drove me crazy (I don't know if he is just really good at being 2, or if my lack of sleep and pregnancy hormones are getting to me). Anyway, Daddy took A.J. off my hands for a while last night, and gave me some much needed alone time...thank you Andy!!! As for a baby update, the baby has officially found my ribs...let the digging begin!

The fire station that we toured

Trying out the slide and the fire pole

Standing in front of the big truck

Taking a seat inside


Sitting in front of the big kitchen with friends Lexie and Isabella

No comments: