We had a great Valentine's Day this year! Andy always takes me out for dinner, but this year, I asked if we could go out for breakfast instead. There's this little place by one of the Cat dealers called Crackers...they have the best French toast!!! Everytime anyone visits us, we take them there, and everyone has agreed it is the best! They use a cinnamon bread to make the French toast, and the cinnamon in it gets gooey when fried...it was extra gooey this time (yum!)!!! Then, we decided to go for a drive on the Apache Trail. It is a scenic drive through the Superstition Mountains. We stopped at a little ghosttown (more a tourist-y thing) and got to see lots of animals that were native to this area (chuckwallas, gila monsters, lots of snakes, spiders, scorpions, tarantulas, etc., etc.). Then we continued our drive...the views were gorgeous!! We even pulled off the side of the road for a picnic in the back of the van! Then we stopped at a little town for ice cream, although the town consisted of the ice cream shop and a restaurant--that was it (prickly pear ice cream from the prickly pear cactus...delicious)! It was a great time!

The French toast breakfast at Crackers...forgot to take the picture until after I split with A.J.

It was sooo good (almost looks like a smiley face on the plate)!!! :-)

The little ghost town we stopped to see (although we kept calling it an "Old West" town, as A.J. has been having this thing with ghosts lately---I don't know)

Another pic of the ghost town
A.J. and I got thrown in jail (hard to believe, I know--we're both such angels)!!!

One of the little critters we saw...I'm glad I have never seen a scorpion at the house, like some others we know!!!

A.J. in front of the Superstition Mountains

A.J. and Mommy in front of Superstition Mountains

Daddy and the boys

A.J. at Canyon Lake

Daddy and A.J. during our picnic in the van

Mommy and the boys picnicing

Kissing one of my Valentine's

Don't look down! The road didn't have guardrails...it was a long way down!

Some of the views

Canyon Lake

Canyon Lake

If you look really hard, you can see snow on the far, far mountain!

Look hard again...more snow!
1 comment:
there is a lot of snow on top of all of the mountains surrounding tucson right now. we've been to that lake. it's very pretty!!!!
Post a Comment