Background

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

On Saturday, we woke up to cold temps, gray skies, and this wet stuff falling to the ground (I think I remember it being called rain or something...hasn't done that in months)!!! So we skipped swimming lessons and tried to think of something creative to do indoors. Andy finally finished A.J.'s sandbox this week, but A.J. hasn't gotten to use it yet, as we have had plans or it's been too windy, and now rain. So we made our own indoor "sandbox." I put a vinyl tablecloth down on the kitchen floor, dumped some rice onto cookie sheets, and told A.J. to go crazy! He had a blast with all his diggers and dump trucks! It was a mess, but well worth it!!!

A.J. digging in the "sand"


Isaac trying out the new dump truck

1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

AWESOME idea!! I think I'll try! And Isaac in the dump truck is a kill :) We had such a great time today hanging out, can't wait for next time, I know Owen's keen on coming back soon :)